Strategic internal communications professional who develops and implements
innovative ideas to support corporate programs and initiatives, such as
video and social media.
Works effectively with C-level executives to ensure strategic alignment
on key messages. Recognized for ability to build strong relationships
across the organization and influence direction of communications with
all levels of management in a relevant and genuine way.
SILICON IMAGE, INC., Sunnyvale, CA
2012 - Present
Training & Communications Manager
Established and maintain internal communications presence for 600+ worldwide employees.
- Owner of quarterly All Hands presentations, highlighting company news and financials
- Developed, scripts, produces and edits monthly internal video program featuring the CEO
- Creation and maintains Intranet site, with focus on HR Benefits and Compensation
- Streamlined and facilitates quarterly worldwide employee Recognition Awards program
- Created and promotes "Sweet Wednesdays" and "Fun Fridays" to increase employee morale
- Staff photographer for company events, new products and redesign/shooter of badges
Owner / Employee Communications Consultant
HB MEDIA, Fremont, CA
1997 - Present
Independent contractor providing unique ideas (such as the acclaimed
WeAllNeedJobs.com billboard campaign), for individuals, and small to large companies.
- Social Media & Website Development: From creation and execution, to maintenance and support
- Freelance Photography: Corporate events and "business-casual" outside/studio headshots
- Geek Training: MAC/PC basics, mobile devices and electronic gadgets
- Audio Engineering: Podcast capture and archiving rare recordings
BLUE COAT SYSTEMS, INC., Sunnyvale, CA
2011 - 2012
Video Production Manager
Produce timely, impactful on-demand training and enablement videos
for the global sales organization.
- Developed “BCU-TV” (Blue Coat University TV), a video channel,
from the ground up
- Determined budget and purchased all audio-video gear to meet project requirements
- Full pre and post-production of short, effective videos with
quick turnaround time
- Conversion and upload videos in multiple formats for anytime access, on any device
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, INC., Santa Clara & Menlo Park, CA
1986 - 2010
Sr. Employee Communications Specialist
Key owner of creative direction and production support for the global
Communicated strategic organizational messages using the web, video,
photos and audio.
- Designed, created and maintained company web portals targeted to
- Managed production of weekly CEO and monthly CTO video program by
converting show to various formats so on-demand mobile replay was
available on any device
- Spearheaded integration of audio podcasts by disseminating consistent messaging of quarterly HR All Hands meetings and various large-scale
- Staff photographer for large events, product introductions, senior executive portfolios
- Scripted, produced and directed award-winning video showcasing
Worldwide Operations Training Supervisor
- Developed coursework and stand-up trainer for HTML, web design and
- Originated, developed and facilitated quarterly Quality Award
Documentation Specialist / ECO Analyst
- Documented printed circuit board changes and determined impact
- Created operating procedures and trained personnel to ensure
consistent bill of materials throughout worldwide manufacturing facilities
ADDITIONAL WORK HIGHLIGHTS
- Event Management for global events, including annual summits
and quarterly meetings
- Traveled to Hong Kong and Taiwan to train and implement document
- Coordinated five successful worldwide "Diversity Faire" events within
- Maintained Communications Lab servers to support critical HR
- Provided voice-over talent for many on-air radio and television
- Acted as master of ceremonies at over 400 events throughout the
- Created customized graphics suite for CD and DVD professional projects
Proficient with Microsoft Windows Office, SharePoint, Adobe Photoshop and Premier Elements,
MAC OS X, HTML, UNIX, OpenOffice, QuickTime Pro and other current editing software programs.
Capable of minor repair of personal computers, laptops and low to high-end servers.
Electronics maven with the latest hand-held gadgets and high-tech components.
Attended numerous conferences and seminars including; Web 2.0,
Beyond the Hype - The Road Map for Social Media, Utilizing Facebook &
Twitter for Business.